Boatswain Chair Work Seat – 3M DBI-SALA
$321.00 + Free Shipping
- Seat board (12″x24″x1″) for added support and comfort
- Integrated tongue buckle body belt with back D-ring for added support and versatility
- 1-3/4″ wide latex treated polyester webbing construction for added durability
- Cadmium plated alloy steel hardware for strength and corrosion resistance
- Meets or exceeds all applicable industry standards including OSHA and ANSI
Submit a request for bulk discount rates. Use this for large quantity orders that exceed the page quantity price breaks. Quotes are typically processed within 1 business day.Free Bulk Quote
You may also like…
Boatswain Chair Work Seat with Cushion and Side Snaps – 3M DBI-SALA$570.00
Suspension Work Seat – 3M DBI-SALA$615.00
1001378 – Suspended Workman’s Chair – 15″ x 18″ x 0.75″ rigid board, Suspension Rings, Adjustable, Tool Bags$571.00
Universal Seat Sling with Belt Looks, 8″ nylon web seat sling, Suspension D-ring, Attachment Loops – 3M DBI-SALA$262.00
DBI/SALA manufactures a complete line of workseats including boatswain’s chairs, seat slings and suspension workseats. This workseat is designed for workers who must be suspended for extended periods of time such as window washers and incorporates added support and comfort.
In terms of fall protection - body support is any equipment worn directly by the user. Body support is responsible for supporting the users body-weight and position.There are two types of Body Support:
- Harnesses - equally distribute falling forces throughout the body
- Body belts & Workseats - Ideal for positioning and restraint. Ideal when there is 0% CHANCE OF FREE-FALL.
A body belt is ideal when there is 0% CHANCE OF FREE-FALL and a harness is ideal when that chance of fall exists. A work-seat MUST be used with a full-body harness.
A fall protection belt is ideally for positioning, restraining or other situations with 0% chance of a free-fall.
Choosing the right body belt or work-seat
Consider some of the following when choosing a body belt or work seat:
- Work Positioning - Body belts are great for positioning, they often include fixed d-ring which can be used with a lanyard to sustain the user in a specific position.
- Restraint - Some body-belts include a fixed back OR floating D-rings which can be used to anchor the user and protect against a leading edge.
- Back & Tool Support - Most of the belts provide FANTASTIC back support and over allow attachment of additional storage containers.
- Suspension - Work-seats are specifically built for suspension but MUST BE used in conjunction with a complete fall arrest system (Anchor, Body Support & Connector).
See all 3M Fall Protection Body Belts & Work seats
- Tongue-buckle Belts - Easy to fit and can accommodate a large variety of sizes, shapes and clothing options.
- Lineman Belts - Designed to provide comfort, freedom of movement and be easy-to-use for most pole-climbing applications.
- Derrick Belts - For those working on monkey or tubing board, they are designed to attach to a variety of derrick-style harnesses and feature front rings for use with a positioning lanyard.
- Work seats - Are useful for inspection work, window washing and other maintenance..