Rescue Positioning System (RPD)
3600000 (Please call to order. Available in 3:1 or 4:1 ratio)
- Rescue Positioning Device (RPD) allows user to simply raise or lower themselves or someone else to a work level and lock out the device without the need for tie-off
- 3:1 gear ratio (4:1 ratio available, see below)
- Static kernmantle rope elongates as little as 2% under load and it resists knotting, twisting, chemicals and grit (order separately - see below - last three digits in part number designate travel length)
- Inertia speed brake that automatically activates if you lose control or become unconscious for added safety
- Visual mode indicator allows user to see if the device is in the raise/lower mode or if it is in its locked-out position
- Corrosion resistant durable construction featuring anodized aluminum, stainless steel and brass with a electrostatic powder coated housing and tamper proof fasteners
- Complete basic system includes all the necessary equipment to perform normal rescue/retrieval/work support operations including; RPD, connecting sling, hooks, rescue sling, pulley, and carrying bag
- Meets or exceeds all industry requirements including OSHA and ANSI.
Use this simple, extremely reliable rescue or positioning system to raise and/or lower yourself or someone else, providing a stable way to reach a working level, even in tight quarters. After reaching the working level, you can lock out the RPD without needing a tie-off. Back-up safety is provided through an inertial speed break that activates automatically if you lose control or become unconscious. A slight tug on the rope will resume the raising or lowering. Ideal uses include; confined space entry and retrieval, emergency squads, utility work, chemical-oil industry, scaffolding operations, repair/maintenance operations, construction work, mining, overhead crane rescue, agricultural industry and more.
For utmost confidence, DBI/SALA's packaged rescue systems are a perfect rescue/retrieval safety solution. You can go onto the job knowing that your equipment is ready to go; totally compatible and built with DBI/SALA quality.
3602000: 4:1 ratio (order rope separately - last three digits in part number signify travel length)
3610000: rescue cradle for safe and quick removal of injured personnel
9503008: rope gripping handle (right handed)
9503037: rope gripping handle (left handed)
9503082: storage box (for up to 300 ft. of rope)
9503110: storage box (for over 300 ft. of rope)
Ordering Data for RPD System:
1) Specify Model - 3600000 (3:1 ratio) or 3602000 (4:1 ratio)
2) Specify correct rope footage; calculate required rope length as follows
-- For 3600000 featuring 3:1 ratio, multiply working travel length by 4 and add 10 feet for total
-- For 3602000 featuring 4:1 ratio, multiply working travel length by 5 and add 10 feet for total
3) Specify accessories needed (optional items), if any