6ft. Leading Edge Shock Absorbing Lanyard – For work on sharp edges – User-friendly snap hooks on each end – 1/4 in. steel cable – Reflective materials – 3M DBI-SALA 1246261
$204.86 + Free Shipping
Attention: Product has a 5 day leadtime and is expected to ship in 5 business days.
- 6 ft. shock absorbing lanyard – 6 ft. (1.8m) single-leg lanyard rated for fall arrest with energy absorption system.
- For leading edges – Leading edge lanyards are specifically engineered for foot-level tie-off or applications with intense abrasive environments
- 1/4″ vinyl covered cable – 6ft. of 1/4″ vinyl covered steel cable ideal for the harshest more abrasion rich environments on earth.
- Rebar hook & snap hook – Self-closing steel snap hook with user-friendly design – large rebar hook on the other.
- Vectran energy absorber – Reduces falling forces to safe levels to prevent injury on user.
- Reflective materials – Helps to highlight the lanyard, making it very visible even in low-light working conditions.
- Impact indicator – Makes it obvious to the user when a lanyard has sustained damage; preventing the user of damaged equipment.
Submit a request for bulk discount rates. Use this for large quantity orders that exceed the page quantity price breaks. Quotes are typically processed within 1 business day.Free Bulk Quote
You may also like…
6 ft. Leading Edge Shock Absorbing Lanyard – Aluminum snap hook at center and comfort grip hooks at leg ends – For use on sharp edges – 1/4 in. steel cable – Reflective materials – 3M DBI-SALA 1246412$366.00
6 ft. Leading Edge Shock Absorbing Lanyard – Aluminum snap hook at center and rebar hooks at leg ends – For use on sharp edges – 1/4 in. steel cable – Reflective materials – 3M DBI-SALA 1246178$384.00
6 ft. Leading Edge Shock Absorbing Lanyard – For work on sharp edges – Aluminum snap hooks at center and leg ends – 1/4 in. steel cable – Reflective materials – 3M DBI-SALA 1246068$315.43
6ft. Leading Edge Shock Absorbing Lanyard – For work on sharp edges – User-friendly snap hooks on each end – 1/4 in. steel cable – Reflective materials – 3M DBI-SALA 1246066$165.43
Leading edge shock absorbing lanyard
3M DBI-SALA EZ-Stop lanyard (#1246261) – 6ft. leading cable lanyard with a snap hook on one end and rebar hook on the other. Rebar hooks are large self-locking gates designed for steel rebar. Includes the Vectran™ energy absorption system to reduce falling forces to safe levels should an accident occur.
Leading edge lanyards are specifically designed for use on sharp edges – with legs built for foot-level tie-off or applications with intense abrasive environments.
EZ-Stop lanyards are made from top-quality materials from a reputable source. This lanyard is 6ft. of 1/4″ vinyl covered steel cable ideal for the harshest more abrasion rich environments on earth. EZ-Stop Lanyard’s include reflective materials built into the webbing, making it very visible even in low-light working conditions.
The energy absorbing design of the lanyard limits powerful forces experienced during a fall to minimize the risk of injury to the user.
In short – leading edge lanyards are designed for foot level tie-off and are almost always constructed of steel cable to meet the ANSI Z359.14 standard for sharp edges.
What is a leading edge?
Imagine a worker installing decking on a new steel building. The worker is tied-off at foot level, but as she moves out and away from the anchor – the worker is exposed to a potential fall over the ledge or a “leading edge”.
What is a sharp-edge?
A sharp edge is an edge that is thin enough to cut through web lanyards and lifelines – the smaller the edge radius, the sharper the edge.
Sharp edges are found in many leading-edge applications where the edge is capable of damaging the lanyard on contact – for example typical I-beams have a edge radii ranging from .005″ to 0.32″.
Single-leg Shock Absorbing Lanyards
A lanyard’s primary function is to stop a fall – but a shock absorbing lanyard goes the extra mile by PREVENTING injury. These lanyards utilize a non-metal energy absorber system to reduce the intense forces generated by a fall.
Shock absorbing lanyards prevent the user from snapping like a twig if a were to occur. Single leg lanyards are simple connectors with attachment points on either end – used to connect a harness to a anchor. Single leg lanyards are usually the most efficient and practical option when working at height.
In short – shock absorbing lanyards minimize the chance of a user being injured during a fall.
What makes EZ-Stop™ so great?
EZ-Stop™ lanyards have global recognition as the SMALLEST & LIGHTEST lanyards on the market. Built up over the last 30 years of research, marketing and real world experience- today's EZ-Stop™ Lanyard are the best.
- 6 ft (1.8 m) Free Fall/MAAF 900 lbs. (4 kN)
- Lightweight, portable and easy to transport between job sites.
- Vectran™ energy absorption system
- Dual-layer high strength/abrasion resistant webbing
- Impact indicator highlights any structural damage to the lanyard.
- Reflective materials improve user visibility in low-light working conditions
- Protected labels, equipped with 3M™ Connected Safety ID (CSID)
In the event of a fall, the lanyard's energy stopping system will activate; immediately stopping the fall and reducing dangerous forces to safe levels.
3M DBI-SALA snap hooks are universally recognized for it's user-friendly design and reliable locking mechanisms.
|Dimensions||10 × 10 × 4 in|
|Hook type to structure|
|Lanyard Leg Count|
|Hook type to Harness|
Construction, General Industrial, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transportation, Wind Energy
6 ft. (1.8m)