- Ideal for data collection in rugged environments
- User friendly design built with ergonomic efficiency in mind
- Unparalleled expansion capabilities
- Tough, impact resistant housing with optional foam boot for added protection
- External keyboard replaces stylus operated keyboard
- Integrated RFID scanner that won’t get lost
- More battery time than traditional PDA’s (Up to 50% depending on frequency of use.
- Internal SD card reader
What is i-Safe™?
i-Safe™ is exclusive to DBI-SALA and provides a multitude of benefits for the safety conscious. It uses Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology to provide quick access to inspection, inventory and information. The inspection feature allows the user to access predetermined questions to inspect and record the inspection without accessing files or notes through the use of a hand-held PC. The system is paperless and reduces the time of inspecting and recording inspections by well over 30%.
Hand-held Personal Computer
Fall protection makes its home in some pretty tough locations and the new i-Safe™ Hand-held PC relies on the help of one of the best hand-held makers in the world for it rugged dependability.
The new i-Safe™ Hand-held comes with a pedigree from the courier and transportation sectors. It combines flexibility with improved uptime and longer battery life over its predecessor. It has improved flexibility, ruggedness and improved ergonomics.
It’s expandable, uses Windows Mobile 6.0 and supports the i-Safe Mobile Software. It is equipped with internal RFID reader and SD memory reader. Additional flexibility includes features like USB connectivity, docking station with spare battery charging and foam boot for added impact protection. The external keyboard enhances user friendliness making the i-Safe™ Hand-held PC easier to use.
The tougher the system the more uptime the user will have. i-Safe™’s Hand-held PC delivers on both fronts. It resists penetration from water spray and airborne dust from all directions. It will withstand 26 drops to a polished concrete floor from 5’ (1.55 m) without damage. It was designed to withstand the vibration associated with constant ingress and egress from a truck. With this kind of toughness, longer uptime levels are a snap.
The i-Safe™ Hand-held PC enhances uptime use with user friendly attributes that include:
• Full VGA daylight readable touch screen display
• Backlit keyboard to simplify device interaction
• Lightweight and portable size
In all, the i-Safe™ Hand-held PC provides superior features in an easy to handle package.
• Safety: UL60950-1, CSA C22.2, No 60950-1
• EMC: FCC Part 15 Class B, EN 55022, EN 55024
• Bluetooth: 1.1 on C7S models
• Desktop Docking station to recharge battery and spare (9000042)
• Vinyl carrying case
• Spare Lithium-Ion batteries
• Foam impact resistant boot (9000041)
• Retrofit soft choker tag(9502059)
• Retrofit tag(9503818)